Company Law CPA Intermediate Level is a KASNEB course. It is intended to prepare the student to apply and comply with the provisions of company law.
Download free Company Law CPA Intermediate Level PDF notes and past papers now for the new KASNEB syllabus. We are the largest repository in Kenya offering free KASNEB PDF notes and free KASNEB past papers
To pass Company Law KASNEB CPA Intermediate Level New Syllabus 2021 exam, the student is expected to cover the following topics:
- Nature and classification of companies
- Formation of companies
- Membership of a company
- Share capital- Meaning and types of share capital – Raising of share capital – Prospectus/information memorandum – Maintenance of capital – Alteration of capital – Dividends
- Debt capital- Borrowing powers of a company – Debentures – Charges – Registration of charges – Remedies for debenture holders
- Company meetings – Nature and classification of company meetings – Essentials of a valid meeting – Voting – Resolutions
- Directors – Qualifications, appointment and disqualification – Powers and duties of directors – Removal and vacation of office – Register of directors – Remuneration of directors – Loans to directors – Compensation for loss of office – Disclosure of director’s interest in contracts – The rule in Turquand’s case/Indoor Management rule – Insider dealing
- The company secretary – Qualification, appointment and removal – Powers and duties of the company secretary – Liability of the company secretary – Register of secretaries
- Auditors – Qualification, appointment and removal – Remuneration of auditors – Powers and duties – Rights and liabilities
- Company accounts, audit and investigation – Books of accounts – Form and content of accounts – Group accounts – Director’s report – Auditor’s report – Annual returns – Investigation of company affairs – Appointment and powers of inspectors – Inspector’s report
- Corporate restructuring – Need for restructuring – Mergers, – Post merger reorganization – Takeovers and acquisitions – Schemes of arrangement and compromises – Reconstruction
- Receivership and liquidation of companies – Meaning of receivership – Appointment and vacation of office – Powers and duties of a receiver – Termination of receivership – Meaning of liquidation – Types of liquidation – Appointment, powers and duties of liquidators – Discharge of liquidators – Distribution of assets and dissolution of companies
- Companies incorporated outside the country – Process of registering a company – Certificate of registration – Power to hold land – Registration of charges – Accounts of foreign companies – Service of process and notices on foreign companies – Returns – Penalties – Cessation of business
- Emerging issues and trends in Company Law
KASNEB students should grasp the foundations of Company Law in preparation for exposure to the business environment.
We advise the KASNEB students to prepare for Company Law and other KASNEB CPA Intermediate Level exams adequately. Students taking other courses like Certified Secretaries (CS), Certified Credit Professional (CCP), Certified Investment and Financial Analyst (CIFA), among other KASNEB certified courses will find these resources helpful.
KASNEB Students taking this course are equipped with knowledge, skills and attitudes that will enable them to apply the principles of legal system and Company Law in various environments.
KASNEB students and colleges have benefited from the resources offered by the Pass Exams Team.
Other units or courses in KASNEB CPA Intermediate Level include:
- Auditing and Assurance
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Management Accounting
- Public Finance and Taxation
- Financial Management
Upon completion of KASNEB CPA Intermediate Level, the student is well equipped with skills and is on a career path to advancing to KASNEB CPA Advanced Level which has the following units:
- Advanced Auditing and Assurance
- Advanced Public Finance and Taxation
- Advanced Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Leadership and Management
- Advanced Management Accounting
- Advanced Public Finance Management
Download free KASNEB CPA Advanced Level PDF notes and past papers for the above units.