Public Finance and Taxation
Public Finance and Taxation for CPA Intermediate Level is a KASNEB course. It seeks to impart knowledge and skills to students on matters relating to this unit. We provide the best quality revision materials, past papers and study notes.
Download free Public Finance and Taxation CPA Intermediate Level PDF notes and past papers now for the new KASNEB syllabus 2021.
Study and pass the course while you study online.
KASNEB CPA Intermediate Level Public Finance and Taxation New Syllabus 2021 unit covers the following topics:
- Introduction to public financial management
- Establishment of public funds in the public sector
- Supply chain management in public entities
- Oversight function in public finance management
- Introduction to taxation
- Taxation of income of persons
- Employment income
- Business income
- Income from use of property- rent and royalties
- Farming income
- Investment income
- Miscellaneous taxes and other revenues
- Capital deductions
- Administration of income tax
- Customs taxes and excise taxes
- Emerging issues and trends
This unit is important for KASNEB students aspiring to become accountants, financial advisors and finance managers, tax consultants. Upon completing CPA Advanced Level, they can enroll with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) or become financial analysts.
KASNEB students should prepare for Public Finance and Taxation CPA Intermediate Level exams adequately. Additionally, students taking other courses like Certified Investment and Financial Analyst (CIFA), among other KASNEB certified courses will find these resources helpful.
CPA students taking this course are equipped with the necessary skills to become competent professional accountants, auditors, finance managers, tax consultants and practitioners both in public and private sectors.
They are exposed to Public Finance Management, International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and principles of taxation.
Students will learn how the Ministry of Finance and Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) manages and administers taxes in Kenya.
With the resources we offer, students have resulted to self-teaching and have passed their exams while others have been given KASNEB awards.
Other units or courses in CPA Intermediate Level include:
- Company Law
- Auditing and Assurance
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Management Accounting
- Financial Management
After completion of KASNEB CPA Intermediate Level, the student will advance to KASNEB CPA Advanced Level which has the following units:
- Advanced Auditing and Assurance
- Advanced Public Finance and Taxation
- Advanced Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Leadership and Management
- Advanced Management Accounting
- Advanced Public Finance Management
Download free KASNEB CPA Intermediate Level PDF notes and past papers now.