Systems Security CICT Section 6 is a KASNEB course. It enables the student to secure ICT systems in an organization
Download free Systems Security CICT Section 6 PDF notes and past papers now. Get free KASNEB CICT PDF notes and past papers for the new KASNEB syllabus 2021. We are the largest repository in Kenya offering free KASNEB notes and revision papers.
To pass KASNEB CICT Section 6 Systems Security New Syllabus 2021 exam, the student is expected to cover the following topics:
- Introduction to systems security – Overview of systems security – Goals of system security – Security core concepts – Security mechanisms
- Security threats and controls – Sources of threats – Types of threats – Crimes against ICT and computer criminals – Controlling security threats – Ethical hacking
- Systems security – Classification – People errors – Procedural errors – Software errors – Electromechanical problems – Dirty data
- Physical and logical security – Physical security – Logical security(authentication, access rights, others)
- Data/software security – Use of the normal security systems – Vulnerability assessment – Employing virus security precautions – Employing Internet security precautions – Vetting of ICT employees
- Transmission security – Symmetric encryption – Asymmetric encryption – Duplicate and alternate routing – Firewall types and configuration – Secure socket layer and transport layer security – IPv4 and IPv6 security – Wireless network security – Mobile device security – Wireless protected access
- ICT risk management – Risk management concepts – Risk analysis – Risk assessment framework – Countermeasures – Corporate risk document
- Business continuity planning (BCP) – BCP scope, teams and roles – Backup types and strategies – Hot and cold sites – Disaster recovery plans
- System security policy implementation – Components of systems security policy – Systems security policy development – System security policy implementation – Systems security strategies – Audit
- Introduction to computer forensics – Computer forensics concepts – Incidence handling – Investigating desktop incidents – Investigating network incidents – Securing and preserving evidence Introduction to computer forensics – Computer forensics concepts – Incidence handling – Investigating desktop incidents – Investigating network incidents – Securing and preserving evidence
- Professional values and ethics in computing – Intellectual property and fraud – Information systems ethical and social concerns – Telecommuting and ethical issues of the worker – Codes of ethics for IT professionals – Professional ethics and values on the web and Internet – Objectivity and integrity in computing – The role of professional societies in enforcing professional standards in computing
KASNEB students should grasp the foundations of Systems Security in preparation for exposure to the business environment. We encourage the KASNEB students to prepare for KASNEB CICT Section 6 exams adequately.
Many students and colleges have benefited from the resources offered by the Pass Exams Team.
Other units or courses in KASNEB CICT Section 6 include:
After completion of KASNEB CICT Section 6, the student is now a KASNEB CICT Graduate and can become an ICT consultant, Developer, Website Designer, Software Engineer etc. There are many career paths for ICT graduates.
Download free KASNEB CICT Section 6 PDF notes and past papers today.